If you live in or around Oklahoma, you won’t want to miss these holiday events. Check out these great activities that are well worth the drive.
Celebrate Downtown in December
Downtown in December is an annual event in Oklahoma City. This year’s festivities run from November 8, 2019, to January 11, 2020. It’s a massive event with a ton to do, including ice skating, holiday shopping, light displays and more. Check the calendar to see which events are scheduled for the day you plan on going. You may decide to go more than once to take advantage of all the festivities.
Open the New Year in Style
Opening Night is Oklahoma City’s premier New Year’s Eve event for families and friends. The celebrations start with a Finale 5K race, a variety of performances including music, comedy and magic, plus fireworks at midnight. It sounds like a great way to ring in the new year.
Go Ice Skating in Edmond
If you love ice skating, you can find it in Edmond this holiday season. The Edmond Ice Rink is open from November 15, 2019, to January 5, 2020. While you’re there, also check out the Christmas Express Train. Check the calendar for daily schedules, including special hours on Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Enjoy Tulsa’s Winterfest
Tulsa is another great spot for ice skating this year. Tulsa’s Winterfest runs from November 23, 2019, to January 5, 2020, and you don’t want to miss it. Winterfest includes a huge 9,000 square foot outdoor ice rink, along with Sundays with Santa, an onsite food truck and the Winterfest Express train. Check the website for the daily calendar.
Stay Safe on the Road
These holiday events are worth a drive – but you want to make sure that drive doesn’t end in a crash. Keep your family safe on the road during your holiday outings.
- Check the weather conditions before you head out. Never drive down roads that have been closed – there’s a good reason they’re closed!
- Give yourself extra time and give the cars around you extra space when the roads are wet or icy.
- Always drive sober. If you’re going to drink, arrange for a designated driver or another safe ride home.
- Don’t drive distracted. That text or phone call can wait. Give the road your full attention.
- Keep your car in good condition, and make sure your tires are properly inflated with a good tread. Carry emergency supplies with you.
Want to Save Money with the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Oklahoma?
We offer cheap auto insurance rates throughout the state of Oklahoma, including the following cities:
If you are searching for any of the features below, Jupiter Auto Insurance will deliver!
Get Started with Jupiter and Start Saving Money in Oklahoma Today. Get Your Quote at JupiterAuto.com!