Get a Quote Now
The Keys to Alabama Auto Insurance
There’s a good reason your state is known as Sweet Home Alabama. Whether you’re on the hunt for the world’s best BBQ, headed to Orange beach for white sand and dolphin cruises, or setting your sights higher at the Huntsville space museum, you’re still at home. Feeling at home is feeling secure, so before you jump in the car make sure you’ve got the best Alabama Auto Insurance. Available through Jupiter, it’s car insurance to keep you protected beyond orange horizons.
Alabama Car Insurance Basics
Alabama has some specific requirements when it comes to minimum auto insurance liability coverage. An easy way to remember it is 25/50/25. That is:
- Minimum $25,000 for death & injury per person
- Minimum of $50,000 for death & injury per incident involving two or more people
- Minimum $25,000 coverage for damage to property
And of course, always remember that your insurance provider needs to be authorized by the state of Alabama. Find more information here.
How to Get the Best Alabama Auto Insurance for Your Money
- Remember that the state minimums only apply to damages to other people and their property. It won’t cover your medical treatment or damage to your vehicle.
- Find the right balance between deductible and premium. Your deductible is an agreement to pay so much out of pocket when an accident occurs. Generally, the higher your deductible, the lower your premium. Look at your budget and savings carefully before risking a high deductible.
- If you have an expensive car or a loan, get insurance beyond the state’s minimum requirements. Remember that the first $25,000 in property damages only applies to other vehicles – not your own.
- Keep a good driving record, and a good student record. The best way to keep your premiums low is to drive safely and obey traffic laws. Students can often get lower premiums for maintaining a high GPA.
Staying Prepared and Safe on Alabama Road Trips
Even as a leisure activity, driving is dangerous and requires concentration. Avoiding distractions and packing thoughtfully could save your life and the lives of people you love.
Always travel with an emergency kit:
- Non perishable food items like energy bars
- Blankets and spare clothes
- A first aid kit with a seatbelt cutter and a fire extinguisher
- A wind-up flashlight
- Paper road maps
- Get noticed with a whistle, road flares or warning lights
- Jumper cables and tow rope,
- Sand or non-clumping cat litter
Why Is Jupiter the Best Auto Insurance in Alabama?
Are you looking for the best car insurance in Alabama? Consider Jupiter Auto. We provide excellent regional service with great rates.
Jupiter Auto wants to keep Alabama’s roads safe for everyone. With the Jupiter Auto App, anyone can get a driving score, so they know exactly how safe their driving is, and how they can improve. The app also makes it easy for you to pay your bill, file a claim, get roadside assistance, talk to a representative and more.
Saving money is important to Alabamans. To help you get the best deal, Jupiter Auto offers instant online quotes. With this convenient tool, it’s easy to see exactly how much you should be paying for car insurance.
How Much Is Car Insurance in Alabama?
Car insurance rates depend on a number of factors, including how old you are, where you live, what you drive, whether you’ve had any driving violations and more. Read this article to see how these factors can bring your car insurance premiums up or down.
How much you’ll pay also depends on how much insurance you want. If you purchase Alabama’s minimum 25/50/25 liability coverage, you’ll pay less than you would for higher limits along with comprehensive coverage, collision coverage and uninsured motorist coverage – but you’ll also have less protection. Finding the right car insurance for you means finding a balance between the protection you want and the premium you can afford. We can help you do that.
Great Alabama Driving Resources
Need more information? Here’s a list of great resources to help Alabama drivers.
- The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, which handles driver’s licenses.
- The Motor Vehicle Division of the Alabama Department of Revenue, which handles vehicle records, titles, insurance laws and motor vehicle regulatory licenses.
- The Governors Highway Safety Association gives a summary of driving laws in Alabama.
- Drive Safe Alabama has important information from the Alabama Department of Transportation to help keep you and your family safe on the road.