Get a Quote Now
The Keys to Arkansas Auto Insurance
From Mountain View, the community that preserves the pioneer way of life, to Hot Springs National Park, there is an abundance of old American spirit to be found just a few miles in any direction in Arkansas. So whether you’re hunting for diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park, or for the Boggy Creek Monster around Fouke, there are plenty of trips to take and as many good reasons to make sure you’re covered by the best Arkansas auto insurance on the market.
Arkansas Car Insurance Basics
As with other states, Arkansas has a set of minimum liability coverage requirements that you must meet in order to be legally insured. Remember, however, that the minimum requirements offer you very little protection for personal losses, and only cover expenses incurred by the other party in an accident.
- Minimum $25,000 for death & injury per person
- Minimum of $50,000 for death and injury per accident
- Minimum $25,000 coverage for damage to property
The state also mandates that when you are offered liability insurance, you must also be offered uninsured and underinsured motorist bodily injury and property damage coverage, and personal injury protection coverage. Un/underinsured coverage will cover you and your vehicle if the other driver is at fault, and does not have liability insurance. Personal injury protection provides you with wage loss, death and medical coverage regardless of fault. Refer to the Arkansas consumer FAQ for more details.
How to get the Best Arkansas Auto Insurance for Your Money
- You can get a College Graduate Discount and a Defensive Driver Discount. The Defensive Driver Discount is available to 55+ drivers who have completed an approved course.
- Remember that the state minimums only offer basic liability coverage. If you want to make sure your own damage and injury expenses are taken care of, ask about
- Uninsured, underinsured, and personal injury coverage.
- You can lower your premium by increasing your deductible, but don’t do that without first taking professional financial advice. A high deductible can put you in an expensive bind.
- Remember that car repairs can become so expensive that it’s preferable to just cash out on the car. Make sure, if you have an expensive vehicle, that your insurance reflects not only its value, but if it’s unique or requires specialized parts, its repair cost. Car value deteriorates – repair cost does not.
- The best way to keep your premiums low is to drive safely and obey traffic law.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Arkansas?
Wondering how much you’ll pay for auto insurance? Using the Jupiter Auto quote tool, we can see that a 30-year-old man who drives a 2008 Dodge Durango and lives in the 72207 zip code of Little Rock and has a clean driving record might pay $121.40 per month with $191 down.
But how much would you pay? It depends on a bunch of factors, including your age, address and driving record. Check out this article for more examples and information on how to get an instant quote.
Great Resources for Arkansas Drivers
How well do you understand the driving laws in Arkansas? Check out these websites to find the information you need about licenses, registration, the rules of the road and more:
- With MyDMV, you can register your vehicle, replace a lost license and more online.
- The Office of Driver Services handles licenses, driving records and more.
- The Office of Motor Vehicle handles registration, titles and liens.
- The Governors Highway Safety Association provides a breakdown of Arkansas driving laws.
Keep Your Wits About You on Arkansas Road Trips
Avoid distractions. When it comes to road safety, the five seconds it takes to send a text or answer a call can mean the difference between life and death. Even as a leisure activity, driving is dangerous and requires your full attention. Insurance companies will often reward you for good behaviour by offering lower premiums for good driving records, so putting the danger aside getting pulled over for a text could cost you for years to come.
Why Is Jupiter the Best Car Insurance in Arkansas?
If you drive in Arkansas, you have a lot of reasons to consider Jupiter Auto for your car insurance needs. Jupiter Auto is dedicated to bringing great rates and quality service to the South. With the instant quote tool, you can quickly and easily see the low rates Jupiter offers.
Whether or not you’re already a Jupiter customer, you can use the Jupiter Auto App. It gives you a driving score, helping you see what you’re doing right behind the wheel, as well as where you’re going wrong. Parents will love using the geofencing functions to keep an eye on their teens, and everyone loves the easy premium payments, claims reporting and roadside assistance.