Get a Quote Now
The Keys to Georgia Auto Insurance
Georgia is the state known for “the world’s largest.” Your state holds many records – from the world’s largest sculpture at Stone Mountain to the world’s largest drive-in fast food restaurant, the Varsity in Atlanta, and even the world’s largest infantry camp at Fort Benning. So no matter which “world’s largest” is on your road trip route, make sure you’re covered by the best Georgia Auto Insurance.
Georgia Car Insurance Basics
The state has a set of minimum requirements for liability coverage. Remember that liability insurance means insurance for damage done to other people and vehicles if you are at fault. The minimum requirements do not cover your property, or your medical treatment.
- Minimum $25,000 for death & injury per person
- Minimum $50,000 for death & injury per incident
- Minimum $25,000 for property damage
Remember that your insurance provider needs to be authorized by the state. The minimum requirements only cover damages done to other people and their property. Remember to check the specifics of the policy, as there is different coverage for fire and theft, or “non collision” damages, than for collision related damages. Always be sure to ask about Uninsured Motorist Insurance, as it protects you if there is an incident in which someone else is at fault and without insurance. Refer to the state office of insurance for more details.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Georgia?
Auto insurance rates are based on a number of variables, like how old you are, where you live, and how many driving violations you’ve had. Read How Much Is Car Insurance to see how all the various factors can impact your premiums.
Then use Jupiter’s instant quote tool to see what you can expect to pay. For example, let’s say your zip code is 30004. Your vehicle is a 2010 Subaru Outback, which you use mostly to commute. You’re a 40-year-old man, unmarried, with no driving violations. You’re currently insured, but you want coverage to start immediately, and you’re looking for the minimum liability insurance required in the state. You could end up paying $132.40 per month with $257.00 down.
Try it out for yourself to get your personalized quote.
How to get the Best Georgia Auto Insurance for Your Money
- Keep on top of your credit score. Try to keep low balances, always pay on time, and avoid getting sucked into high interest cards for immediate deals. Keep track of your score and correct any errors. A good credit score can reduce your premiums significantly.
- Report your mileage. If your mileage is significantly reduced due to a new job with less commuting, then report it. You could end up with some savings on your insurance savings.
- Choose your car with insurance in mind. If a vehicle is difficult to repair or requires rare / imported parts, that may translate into higher premiums. Always ask your insurer for premium quotes on car models that you’re considering.
- Keep a good driving record, don’t risk getting ticketed. If you’re a student, balance out the higher premiums by keeping a high GPA. You can often get discounts for displaying such good results.
Staying Prepared and Safe on Georgia Road Trips
Georgia is a zero tolerance state when it comes to driving under the influence. A blood alcohol level above 0.08, or 0.02 if you’re under 21 will come with harsh penalties such as an immediate driver’s license suspension for up to 12 months – on the first offense. But drinking isn’t the only cause of accidents. Something as simple as being over-tired can impair your judgement and reaction time enough to have fatal results. Stay distraction free when you’re driving, the text can wait.
- Always keep an emergency kit, water, and a first aid kit in your car.
- If you’re driving in winter, and there is snow and ice on the road, turn off your cruise control, and give the car in front of you a little extra space.
Why Is Jupiter the Best Auto Insurance in Georgia?
What do you want from your car insurer? Do you want an insurer who’s local? An insurer who understands your car insurance needs? An insurer who provides you with helpful tools and great rates? If that’s what you want, then Jupiter Auto might have the best car insurance for you.
Jupiter Auto is dedicated to serving the auto insurance needs of Southern states like Georgia. This specialized focus means we’re always on top of Georgia’s changing regulations.
The Jupiter Auto App makes paying bills and reporting claims as convenient as possible. The app also helps parents keep track of their teen drivers, and it gives all drivers easy access to a driving score. You can show off your driving skills – or improve them – even if you’re not a Jupiter Auto customer.
Great Resources for Drivers in Georgia
Need more information? Check out these important resources for drivers in Georgia:
- The Georgia Department of Driver Services is where you should turn to renew your license, schedule a road test and more.
- Do you have a teen? Learn about Georgia’s Teenage & Adult Driver Responsibility Act and the graduated driver’s license program.
- The Governors Highway Safety Association provides a summary of driving laws in Georgia.